Rollovers, investment exchanges, contract exchanges and plan-to-plan transfers
A rollover is a distribution from an IRA or an employer-sponsored retirement plan that is reinvested in another IRA or employer-sponsored retirement plan. Watch our brief video to learn more and roll over today.
An investment exchange is a movement of retirement assets between 403(b) investment providers within the same plan both occupying a "payroll slot" with the employer where contributions, earnings and tax basis amounts are maintained.
A contract exchange is a movement of retirement assets between a 403(b) investment provider (with a payroll slot) and a 403(b) vendor (who does not occupy a payroll slot) within the same plan where contributions, earnings and tax basis amounts are maintained.
A plan-to-plan transfer is a movement of retirement assets from one employer's 403(b) plan to another employer's 403(b) plan where contributions, earnings and tax basis amounts are maintained.
You can make a rollover, investment exchange, contract exchange* or plan-to-plan transfer into your GuideStone retirement plan if you are any one of the following:
- A participant with a retirement account balance with GuideStone.
- Eligible to receive or are receiving a benefit from GuideStone.
- In active service with a participating employer (if you are eligible, but not participating in a GuideStone retirement plan, you will need to enroll).
*In order to complete a contract exchange, your employer must have, or must enter into, an Information Sharing Agreement with GuideStone.
What are the advantages of moving your money to your current employer-sponsored retirement account at GuideStone?
- Continued tax-deferred growth.
- Variety of investment choices.
- Plan loans may be available.
- No custodial fee.
- No minimum investment requirement per fund.
- Flexible distribution options based on plan provisions.
- Required distributions at age 70½ can be delayed if you are still working.
- Distributions may be eligible for a minister’s housing allowance exclusion.
Rollover to your GuideStone 403(b) from a 403(b), 401(k) or IRA.
Incoming Contract Exchange or Plan-to-Plan Transfer from another 403(b).
Watch a brief video about rollovers and how to take action today.