The Church Retirement Plan
A 403(b)(9) Retirement Plan for Southern Baptists
Prepare for a comfortable retirement with a Southern Baptist retirement plan designed for ministers and any employee receiving W-2 taxable income. Read on to learn more or enroll now.
Let time work for you.
If your video does not download, right click the download button and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..."
The plan is open to anyone who receives W-2 taxable income from a Southern Baptist church, church-related school or association. This can include full- or part-time ministers, office personnel, musicians, church-school teachers or any other staff member.
Potential Tax Benefits
All earnings on contributions and rollovers are tax-deferred. Following are additional tax benefits that may be available to you:
- Ministers may be able to designate retirement benefits as a tax-free minister’s housing allowance within legal limits.
- Employer contributions are not subject to Social Security or income tax at the time of contribution.
- Tax-sheltered participant contributions are not subject to income tax until distributed.
- Tax-sheltered participant contributions by ministers are not subject to Social Security tax.
- Earnings on Roth elective deferral contributions can be withdrawn tax-free if conditions are met.
Numerous Types of Plan Contributions
- Participants can make tax-sheltered, after-tax or Roth elective deferral contributions.
- Employers can make a tax-sheltered contribution on behalf of their employees.
- State conventions may provide eligible participants with matching retirement contributions.
Exclusive State Convention Benefits
When you enroll, you may be eligible for additional benefits at no cost from your Baptist state convention and GuideStone:
- Disability benefit (up to $500 per month).
- Survivor protection benefit (up to $100,000).
- Matching retirement contribution (up to $210 annually).
Enroll over the phone: 1-888-98-GUIDE (1-888-984-8433) Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
Are you a pastor of a Southern Baptist mission or church with annual budget receipts totaling less than $75,000? Click here to see if you qualify for financial assistance from GuideStone.
Questions? Email us or call 1-888-98-GUIDE (1-888-984-8433) Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.